Staging tips will help you get your home ready for the Deep Creek Lake real estate market. It is important that it makes a good impression inside and out. You want to be sure your home is appealing to a wide range of tastes. A home that is in tip-top shape justifies your asking price.
Here are some tips to help highlight your home’s best features, and eliminate as many distractions and negative aspects as possible.
- The entryway/foyer should have a clean and open feel. Remove excess furniture and accessories to set the stage for a good first impression.
- Clear out the clutter. Make sure the kitchen and bathrooms counters are clear of all personal items. Hang fresh towels in the bathrooms.
- Temporarily remove knickknacks or family photos.
- Eliminate any odors from pets and cooking. You may need to go beyond air freshener or candles. Be ready to do some deep cleaning.
- Open all blinds and curtains to let in as much light as possible.
- Put excess furniture in storage to showcase your square footage.
- Let the buyers see the rooms as they were intended. If using the family room as a bedroom, consider returning it to its original purpose by adding appropriate furniture.
- Give your home a generic appearance. The goal is to make every incoming buyer feel like they belong. Home buying is an emotional process and getting people to feel attached to your home helps bring them closer to the sale.
- Be sure the exterior of the home is clean and updated. Consider adding a welcome mat and some seasonal flowers to the landscaping to spruce up the outside.
- Remember that everyone has his or her own style. You are trying to present a simple, clean, attractive home that exudes potential.
Your efforts of presenting your home in the best light will increase the perceived value of the home, to help it show better and to perhaps get an offer more quickly.
I’m happy to answer any questions you might have regarding Deep Creek Lake or Garrett County real estate.