Deep Creek Lake Real Estate
The Deep Creek area is popular with those seeking a primary residence, second home, or investment property. Natural beauty and proximity to abundant outdoor recreation makes it highly desirable. The area is famous for being home to Maryland’s only ski resort, Wisp Resort, as well as being Maryland’s largest inland body of water. It is a place that attracts adventure lovers along with those that are looking for life at a more leisurely pace. New to the area? Get lake facts, and local recommendations from our Deep Creek Guide, or learn more about popular real estate features and in-demand communities below.
Deep Creek Lake is Taylor-Made’s home base. You can often find staff members and agents volunteering for local organizations like the Deep Creek Lake Lions Club and HART for Animals. Giving back to the community is a big part of our culture, and we actively support events like the Fire on the Mountain Fireworks Display, the Deep Creek Lake Art & Wine Festival, Fast & Furriest 5K, the Autumn Glory Festival, and more.
Lake area listings are primarily single-family homes, but there are also several condo and townhome communities like Villages of the Wisp, Ski Harbor, Four Hooppole South, Deep Creek Village, Arrowhead Village, Cedar Creek Townhomes, Cedar Shores Villas, Creekside Townhomes, Lakewood, and Sunplace.
Popular Real Estate Property Types in Deep Creek Lake:
Lakefront Deep Creek Listings:
Real estate parcels with a boundary adjacent to State of Maryland waterfront property.
Split Lakefront Deep Creek Listings
Lakefront, but with a public road bisecting the site so that the house is located across the public road from the water.
Lake Access Deep Creek Listings
Real estate that has deeded rights to use a common access strip to reach the buffer strip area, and in some cases, boat docks.
Ski In/Ski Out Deep Creek Listings
Communities with access to the slopes at Wisp Resort are: Highline, North Camp, Kendall Camp, and Villages of the Wisp
Lakefront and Lake-Access Deep Creek Communities:
- Waterfront Greens – This sprawling community offers lakefront and lake access homes along with numerous amenities that include: docks, 9 hole par-3 golf course, catch and release fishing pond, sledding hill, tennis courts, and mini golf.
- The Blakeslee – A longtime favorite, this community is a mix of lakefront homes with private docks along with lake access homes that have dock slips. Community amenities include a clubhouse with an indoor pool, a playground, hiking trails, and tennis courts.
- Thousand Acres – This quiet community is at the lake’s southern end. Homes in this area are lakefront with private docks or lake access with community docks. It is home to Thousand Acres Golf Club – a public, 9 hole course (soon to be 18 holes).
- Carmel Cove – Located on a quiet cove, this community has lakefront homes along with lake access residences. Community docks are available.
- Heron Cove – Community lake access is available for homes in this area along with tennis courts and walking paths.
- Lake Pointe at Wisp – Located across the street from Wisp Resort, the lakefront and lake access homes in this community are also walking distance to skiing. Community docks and tennis courts are available.
- Stilwater – This community has a limited number of lakefront homes along with lake access properties. The community lake access area includes docks as well as shaded picnic tables.
- Silver Tree Landing – Located within walking distance to favorite restaurants like Uno’s and Dutch’s at Silver Tree, this community has a limited number of lakefront homes along with lake access properties. The community lake access area also has docks.
Golf Communities at Deep Creek Lake:
Deep Creek Lake is home to two eighteen-hole golf courses, both of which are managed by Wisp Resort. Fantasy Valley and the Hale Irwin designed Lodestone are well-known for challenging greens and stunning scenery. Golf adjacent communities include:
- Biltmore at Lodestone – This gated, mountaintop community is next to Lodestone Golf Course. It is also close to Wisp Resort and the Adventure Sports Center.
- Greenbriar – Bordering Lodestone Golf Course, Greenbrier is a gated community within close proximity to Wisp Resort and the Adventure Sports Center.
- Fantasy Valley – Homes in this community neighbor Wisp Resort’s Fantasy Valley Golf Course. They are also within a five minute drive from lake activities, restaurants, and shops.
North Camp Community:
With Wisp Resort’s development of the North Camp trails, home building on the top of the mountain has increased during the past few years. The North Camp community is gated and has an access point for chairlift #7. This area is known for picturesque mountain views. Also, it is very close to the Adventure Sports Center International that boasts a recirculating white water rafting course.
Setup Your Property Alert Today
Taylor-Made agents can setup exclusive property alerts built around your individual requirements. If you’re trying to buy in a specific community or seeking certain property features, get ahead of the competition by finding properties that are coming soon. It’s a competitive market today, so don’t miss out!
Investment Properties at Deep Creek Lake
The Deep Creek Lake area has a booming tourism industry and a solid reputation as a four season destination. There are more than 1,500 short term rentals. If you are considering purchasing a home with the intent to rent, Taylor-Made is also the premier vacation rental company in this area. Our team of in-house experts will work with you and your agent. We can guide you to preferred areas, update you on local regulations, provide income projections, and share suggestions for improvements with strong ROI. Once you find the perfect property, our team will help you make any necessary upgrades, implement a dynamic rate strategy, take professional photos and a 3D tour, assist with TVRU licensing, and list your home on our website along with sites like VRBO, Airbnb, Booking.com, and Expedia.
Top amenities for Deep Creek Lake vacationers include:
- Private pool
- Private hot tub
- Dog friendly
- Pool table
- Fire pit or outdoor fireplace
- Air conditioning
- And of course…WiFi
Second Home Ownership
If you are looking for a place where you can escape with friends and family, we can help you choose an ideal location based on your interests. Our agents know the area and can advise you on all the key elements.
Here are just a few things to consider:
- Northern end lakefront homes are popular, but this is a busier area.
- Look at the body of water, is it deep water, is it shallow, is it level or does it have stairs, is there a view?
- Do you have morning sun or afternoon sun on the dock?
- The lake’s Southern end is quieter.
- Is a lakefront location an absolute must? Are you open to split lakefront or lake access?
- Research HOAs and understand their guidelines.
Once you’ve made your purchase,Taylor-Made agents can also connect you with the in-house property services team. They take care of tasks like lawn care, snow plowing, hot tub/pool service, housekeeping, and security checks. When you are not at the lake, they are looking out for your home.
Partner with a Taylor-Made Real Estate Agent
Contact us today to start searching for your Deep Creek Lake home. Or if you are thinking about selling, we can give you a free market analysis so that you know your home’s worth in today’s market. We look forward to earning your business!
With an office in the heart of McHenry, the Taylor-Made real estate division opened in 2014 through a partnership with Jay Ferguson, a top-producing area agent. Since then, we have attracted some of Garrett County’s best agents. The Taylor-Made real estate team is especially skilled in serving Deep Creek Lake area clients.
Sellers will appreciate that our expertise is supplemented by our in-house marketing team that includes professional photographers, videographers, 3D tour techs, email marketing experts, and graphic designers. Plus, we have staff that can help keep your home showing ready.
- Staging: From quick tips to in-depth consulting, you have experts at your disposal who know what attracts buyers and what will enhance your listing photos.
- Housekeeping: Whether you need a deep clean before listing or a freshen after a showing, our housekeeping team has you covered.
- Maintenance: Fresh paint and minor repairs can go a long way towards getting your asking price.
- Lawn care: Leaf clean-ups, mowing and snow removal are essential to creating curb appeal.
Our agents have assisted buyers and sellers with thousands of lake area transactions. Buying or selling a property can be a big undertaking. Our goal is to make it worry-free from start to finish so that you can concentrate on the end result.