Deep Creek Lakefront Homes for Sale
With 65 miles of shoreline, lakefront real estate is among the most popular at Deep Creek Lake, located in Western Maryland. Homes on the waterfront are a mix of primary residences, second homes, and investment properties. Living on the lake puts beautiful scenery and recreation at your fingertips. Deep Creek lake is a premier vacation destination, a four season escape that offers unlimited adventures year round.
If you’re looking for lakefront homes on Deep Creek Lake MD, you’ll find a complete list of available homes and lots for sale below. We’d love to help you find the Deep Creek Lake property of your dreams. With our talented and locally experienced real estate team together with our area leading vacation rental program we can certainly work to make owning a lakefront home here a realty. Contact us today to setup your custom property alerts and take advantage of the local experience and knowledge of our friendly team. We look forward to earning your business.
Lakefront Communities at Deep Creek Lake
Lakefront listings are primarily single-family homes. Many are not located in a defined community but some are. Keep in mind, lakefront homes in these communities may have shared docks but that does not guarantee a boat slip. Ask your Taylor-Made sales agent for more information. Communities with lakefront homes include:
- Waterfront Greens – Lakefront homes in this community have access to community docks along with a 9 hole par-3 golf course, catch and release fishing pond, sledding hill, tennis courts, and mini golf.
- Blakeslee – Lakefront homes in this community have private docks. Amenities include a clubhouse with an indoor pool, a playground, hiking trails, and tennis courts.
- Thousand Acres – Lakefront homes in Thousand Acres have private docks. Thousand Acres Golf Club is within the community. It is a public, 9 hole course (soon to be 18 holes).
- Carmel Cove – Lakefront homes in this community utilize the common docks.
- Waterside at Wisp – Just down the street from Wisp Resort, these lakefront homes have private and shared docks.
- Lake Pointe – Right across Marsh Hill Road from Wisp Resort, the lakefront homes in this community have shared docks and are walking distance to skiing. Tennis courts are also available.
- Stilwater – Lakefront homes have shared docks. The community lake access area includes shaded picnic tables.
- Lakewood – This small community is on the north side of the 219 bridge. Shared docks are available.
Lakefront Condo & Townhome Communities
There are also several condo and townhome communities with waterfront units. All have community docks but boat slips are not guaranteed depending on the location.
- Ski Harbor – There is an indoor pool along with volleyball and tennis courts.
- Deep Creek Village – Tennis courts are available..
- Cedar Shores Villas – These waterfront townhomes offer ski slope views.
- Mountainview – As the name implies, this location also has ski slope views.
- Lakewood – Open lake views with few trees.
- Four Hooppole South – This community boasts the largest private sandy beach at the lake along with a sports court and volleyball court. Note that every unit does have a dock slip.
- Arrowhead Village – Walk to restaurants, shops, the movie theater, and Arrowhead Market. The large common area includes a fire pit.
- Creekside Townhomes – Walk to restaurants, shops, Lakeside Creamery, and more.
- Glendale Shores – Parklike common area with beautiful lake views.
Deep Creek Lakefront Statistics (2021):
|Residential Median DOM||Residential Avg. |
Lakefront Terms & Definitions:
When considering the purchase of lakefront real estate, there are a few terms and definitions to know.
- At Deep Creek Lake, lakefront real estate parcels have a boundary adjacent to the State of Maryland waterfront property. Owners of these parcels are accorded by regulation special uses of the buffer strip that are not available to the general public.
- The buffer strip is land owned by the State of Maryland between the water’s surface and the private property boundaries of adjacent landowners to an elevation of approximately 2466’ in most locations. The buffer strip is designed to provide an access area between the actual water surface and private property adequately sized to permit the general public to walk or fish around the entire perimeter of Deep Creek Lake.
- A Type A dock permit is a buffer strip use permit that authorizes the mooring of up to two power boats, one personal watercraft and one non-power boat to a single docking facility. Type A docks can be U-shaped, platform, or other approved design. It is a special type of Buffer Strip Use Permit. The Department of Natural Resources can confirm the specific requirements or restrictions for the property being purchased.
Tips for Buying Lakefront Real Estate at Deep Creek Lake:
If you are not familiar with the area, here are a few tips when buying lakefront real estate at Deep Creek Lake.
1. Northern end lakefront homes are popular, but this is a busier area. The lake’s southern end is quieter with less commercial activity
2. Check out the water level at the property. You will want to know if it is deep or shallow as well as considering the number of stairs.
3. Do you have morning sun or afternoon sun on the dock?
4. Ask about HOAs, if applicable, and their guidelines.
Sales agents at Taylor-Made are very familiar with the specifics of waterfront real estate at Deep Creek Lake. They can help you answer any questions you might have and can explain the pros and cons of various locations. You want to be sure that you choose a spot that suits your lifestyle. If you are considering renting your property, you will also want to speak with one of the vacation rental experts at Taylor-Made. They can provide a revenue projection and share information on the amenities that will attract guests.